Borups Højskole is situated right in
the center of the Danish capital Copenhagen.
We live in a beautiful old building - in the very heart of Copenhagen. Our students come from all over Scandinavia - around half of our students are from foreign countries, which creates an environment of great cultural and geografic diversity. Please notice, however, that all teaching will be in Danish.
Subjects & themes
NB! All teaching is in Danish.
We teach a varity of subjects within these main categories:
- Music Songwriting, singing and production
- Art Spontaneity and contemplation
- Design From idea to execution - Graphic Design / Spatial Design / Product Design
- Performing arts The creative actor
- Journalism &Creative writing Society, engagement, literature
- Dokumentary Film production, storytelling, community
- Sport & Event inCity, inShape, inWorld
We have morning assemblies every day at 9 am, where we sing, listen to self chosen presentations by either students or teatchers and share practical information. Every Thursday we offer choir or sports where everybody is free to participate, as well as a class on existential philosofy Thursday afternoon.
Read more about summer courses here
- The course costs 1,100 Dkkr. a week which covers all 18 week's classes, all meals, excursions and common events.
- Study trip is 4,000 Dkkr and materials 500 Dkkr. Total fee is 24,300 Dkkr.
- Borups Højskole is the only højskole in Denmark that doesn't provide accomodation, so you need to find yourself a place to live in the city or stay at home if you already live nearby.
- The autumn course begins Sunday 14th of August and ends Saturday 17th of December 2016.