The finest purpose of the folk high school movement is to let inspiration blossom. Free from exams, it is possible to work voluntarily. As a student, you are only controlled by your eagerness and the passion to the collective goal, which gives you the opportunity to discover new personal qualities - to go places, you have never gone before. You can take your time to explore your passion for life and other people. You enter a dialogue with and about the unknown and the unexpected. Values and ideals are examined and weighed. You learn to differentiate and appreciate through exchange. Values and conflicts of society become clearer. Desire and will, preoccupation and reflection, fantasy and creativity - these are qualities Krogerup cherishes and substitutes for shallowness, undue haste and indifference. Your opinion matters.
Subjects & themes
Teacher: Garba Diallo
In this course, you will test your ideas and build your capacity to act in the world. You will discover a global perspective in all that you do. Global activism will be one possibility after this course. Global awareness will be a certainty.
The Course idea in Short
A globally-oriented, interdisciplinary course focusing on key current global issues and:
- Taught in English by a multicultural faculty to a diverse student body
- Based on cross-cutting learning and action modules
- Enabling solid inputs, active participation leading to concrete results, e.g. articles, short films, multimedia presentations, public actions, exhibitions, performances, and local or global communications initiatives
- Providing the skills and perspectives relevant for navigating both personally and professionally in any corner of the world
- With key projects and activities driven by students' own interests
Although the Krogerup students come from various social and cultural backgrounds, the majority of the students are young who socially and globally minded. The minimum age is 18 and the average for the Danish students is about 22 while the international students are often older.
The college situated in a protected green area 35 km north of Copenhagen in beautiful nature and only 10 minutes from the sea and the renowned Louisiana Museum of Modern Art. It is 12 km away from the famous Hamlet Castle of Kronborg and 20 ferry ride across the sea to Sweden.